Winona Housing and Redevelopment Authority
Publicly Owned Subsidized Housing
Maplewood Townhomes Office
1756 Kraemer Dr, Winona, MN, 55987-2076
Distance: 956 Miles
Housing owned and operated by a local government entity, such as a Public Housing Agency or a Housing Authority, which provides low-rent affordable housing to households with low incomes who are eligible
The rental amount paid by the resident is often determined based on the resident's income. Some housing has a low, fixed rent amount. Public housing comes in all sizes and types, from scattered single family houses to high-rise apartments. Some housing may be restricted to specific populations, such as older adults, families, or people with disabilities.
* Units range from 2 - 4 bedrooms, with 4 units per building, 91 units in total
* Low income general occupancy
* Each unit has full basement, air conditioning, washer/dryer hook ups, stove and refrigerator
* Office is located on-site in the Winona Family Community Center Building
* Full time on-site maintenance staff
* Winona Family Community Center is located at the Maplewood Townhomes
* Semcac Head Start Program is located on site
* KIDS FIRST, an after school tutoring and activity program, is in the Winona Family Community Center
* Townhomes with 2 to 4 bedrooms (basement, main level & upstairs)
* Low income general occupancy
* Typically 6 apartments per building with a total of 40 townhomes
* Units have washer & dryer hook-ups, stove, refrigerator, air conditioner, and patio
* Satellite office and activity room on site
* Outdoors facilities include playground, and close to East Lake Park, with a bike/bicycle path and Frisbee golf course
Valley View Tower:
* Efficiency, 1 and 2 bedroom apartments
* 130 apartments in the 12-story building with unites on floors 2 - 12
* Accessible units available
* Two elevators and two stair wells in the building
* Building has an after hours buzz-in security system
* Laundry facilities
* Sky room offers daily lunches staffed and run by Semcac Senior Dining
* For elderly/disabled/single
* Efficiency and one bedroom quad units
* Laundry facilities
* A number of units are handicapped accessible
There is a full time onsite maintenance staff and emergency maintenance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for all of the developments.
Public housing is for low-income households.
Your eligibility is based on:
* Annual gross income
* Whether you qualify as elderly, a person with a disability or as a family
* U.S. citizenship or eligible immigration status
If you are eligible, the Housing Authority will check your references to make sure you and your family will be good tenants. A Housing Authority may deny admission to any applicant whose habits and practices may be expected to have a harmful effect on other tenants or on the project's environment.
You must meet income guidelines. Income limits are set by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Income guidelines can be found on the HUD website. Check with the property management for specific income limits.
HUD sets the upper income limits at 80% of the median income for the county or metropolitan area in which you choose to live. Some housing is limited to people with very low income (50% of median income). Income limits vary from area to area so you may be eligible at one Housing Authority but not at another. The amount is adjusted each year and is based on family size.
Call for more information. Some properties maintain waiting lists. There may be a long wait, or the waiting list may be closed.
Application and instructions
Low cost subsidized housing rental is approximately 30% of income for eligible persons.
8:30am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday
Other Services or resources
This provider does not offer other services or resources at this location.
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
BH-7000.4600-600Public Housing Definition
Housing developments or scattered single family dwellings that are owned and managed by local housing authorities and rented to income and program eligible individuals and families, including older adults and people with disabilities. The units are governed by federal regulations which determine the application process, eligibility requirements, and tenant payment and lease obligations. Eligible households pay approximately 30% of their adjusted gross income for rent.
BH-8300.3000Housing Authorities Definition
City, county, or state housing offices that provide information about eligibility for and vacancies in the subsidized housing properties that are under their jurisdiction. Housing authorities accept Section 8 applications, provide Section 8 vouchers, make approved Section 8 rental payments and administer public housing communities while in certain rural areas, the housing finance agency may play this role.
YB-9000Young Adults Definition
Individuals who are generally between the ages of 18 and 25 depending on the ages that specific programs use for qualification.
YL-3300.4500Low Income Definition
Individuals or families whose annual income is between 150 and 200% of poverty level for their family size.