Wright-Hennepin Cooperative Electric Association
Personal Emergency Response System (PERS)
6800 Electric Dr, Rockford, MN, 55373-9386
Distance: 1069 Miles
Personal Emergency Response Systems (PERS) are electronic devices for older adults and people with disabilities to easily call for help in an emergency.
The person may also wear a portable "help" button to allow for mobility. The system is connected to the user's phone and programmed to alert a response center once the "help" button is activated. The response center is staffed by trained professionals.
The Wright-Hennepin Cooperative owns the company WHSecurity, which offers home security and medical response systems to Twin Cities area residents.
The security systems offer:
* 24 hour monitoring
* Fast alarm response
* Minnesota-based security system company
* Control My Home interactive system - anywhere you go with internet connection, control your home's thermostat, lights, locks, security system, outlets and monitor what time people come and go
* Cell phone application allows you to control lights, thermostat and outlets
Medical Alerts system offers:
* 24 hour emergency response from a Minnesota-based specialized trained response center
* Wear a button on your wrist or around your neck to connect to help
About This Location
If you have a waiver or the Alternative Care Program covered costs include: purchase of equipment, installation, and monthly service charge.
If you have disability waiver funding, the service plan (based on an assessment of your needs) determines which services are funded through your waiver.
24-hour emergency response equipment like the Personal Emergency Response Equipment can be paid for through the Elderly Waiver and Alternative Care Program with the service called Specialized Supplies and Equipment.
Learn more about this service when paid for under the waivers, the Alternative Care Program, and Essential Community Supports in the Community-Based Services Manual.
Licenses and Certifications
- Approved by DHS as Meeting State Standards
- Alternative Care Waiver (AC)
- Brain Injury Waiver (BI)
- Community Access for Disability Inclusion Waiver (CADI)
- Community Alternative Care (CAC) Waiver
- Developmental Disabilities Waiver (DD)
- Elderly Waiver (EW)
- Essential Community Supports (ECS)
Waiver Service Specialties
- Emergency Response System - Installation
- Emergency Response System - Monthly Service Fee
- Emergency Response System - Purchase
Greater Twin Cities area residents.
Call or chat online from the website.
Fees vary based on specific elements.
Medical alert systems start at $31.95/month.
This agency is able to accept Medical Assistance Home and Community Based Waiver funding for Personal Emergency Response Systems (PERS) systems.
Wright and western Hennepin County
This provider does not offer this service at other locations.
Other Services or resources
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
FN-1500.1700-100Burglar Alarms Definition
Programs that pay for, provide and/or install equipment that automatically sounds a warning on the premises in the case of a break-in. Most systems involve an alarm also sounding in the premises of the security company that installed the device and/or with prior arrangement, in a police station, in case of a break-in.
LH-0600.1600-180Environmental Control Systems Definition
Programs that pay for or provide equipment which allows people with disabilities and others to manipulate lighting and heating systems, door locks, telephone equipment, radio and television sets, electronic appliances and other devices in their immediate surroundings.
PH-1800.6260Personal Alarm Systems Definition
Programs that provide electronic equipment which connects frail elderly individuals, people who have disabilities or people at risk of violence from an ex-partner with the police, participating hospitals, paramedics or other sources of emergency assistance.